Evangelical publication calls for Trump's removal from office - CNN
Evangelical publication calls for Trump's removal from office CNNTrump insults Christianity Today. His outrage act is getting old Los Angeles TimesEvangelical Magazine Christianity Today Calls for Trump’s Removal The...
(CNN)A leading Christian magazine founded by late evangelist Billy Graham -- father of key presidential supporter Franklin Graham -- published an op-ed on Thursday calling for President Donald Trump to be removed from office and urging evangelicals not to support him.
"Whether Mr. Trump should be removed from office by the Senate or by popular vote next election—that is a matter of prudential judgment," Christianity Today's editor in chief, Mark Galli, wrote in the op-ed. "That he should be removed, we believe, is not a matter of partisan loyalties but loyalty to the Creator of the Ten Commandments."
Galli, who told CNN's John Berman on Friday he is leaving the publication, continued, "We believe the impeachment hearings have made it absolutely clear, in a way the Mueller investigation did not, that President Trump has abused his authority for personal gain and betrayed his constitutional oath. The impeachment hearings have illuminated the president's moral deficiencies for all to see."
- Trump insults Christianity Today. His outrage act is getting old Los Angeles Times
- Evangelical Magazine Christianity Today Calls for Trump’s Removal The New York Times
- Top Christian magazine: Remove Trump CNN
- Prominent evangelical magazine calls for immoral President Trump to be removed from office Salon
- View full coverage on Google News